Reading the title, I’m sure, you must be thinking I can’t get enough of chocolate. I was into milk chocolate earlier, what with Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, Chocolate and M&M Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies, then I moved onto Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies, and now this. But if you bear with me a second, you will know why I switched gears and turned to white chocolate.
You see folks, I have not broken up my loyalty towards milk chocolate and red velvet cookies, it’s just that holiday season seems incomplete without the dash of white chocolate and candy cane recipes. Also, this peppermint bark is one of my most popular recipes among my close family and friends.
This is something that gets asked time and again. Above all, it takes only two ingredients to make this. Just 2! The process of making this peppermint bark is so simple that you won’t even believe that you did not try this all these years (that is, if you are making this for the very first time!)
You need white chocolate chips and candy cane to make this White Chocolate Peppermint Bark. White chocolate is melted and candy cane is crushed. Half of crushed candy cane and melted white chocolate is then mixed thoroughly. Spread out the mix on non stick parchment lined baking sheet. Spread rest of the crushed candy cane on top of this mix. Refrigerate for 55 minutes or until the mix is firm.
Melting the white chocolate can be done one of the two ways: using double broiler or microwave. When you use double broiler, you need to keep stirring the mix until it is melted properly.
I used microwave for this recipe. You need to microwave for 30 seconds and stir the chocolate, microwave again for another 30 seconds and stir. This needs to be repeated until the chocolate has melted properly. Occasionally stirring is a must!
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 1 package White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Candy Canes crushed
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and crush the candy canes by rolling the rolling pin over the plastic bag.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 20 seconds. Repeat this until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
- Take half of the crushed candy cane and stir in the melted chocolate thoroughly.
- Spread on the non stick aluminum foiled baking sheet. You can also spray non stick cooking spray on the foil.
- Once the mixture has been spread on the foil, sprinkle rest of the crushed candy cane.
- Refrigerate for about 55 - 60 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator. Take out from the foil. Break into desired size pieces and serve.
Leave a Reply