Table of Contents
How to make the cheapest lasagne recipe.
This recipe is not actually “real” lasagna because it does not use the pasta at all. We know lasagna is the sheet-like pasta placed between the meat sauces. In this recipe, we will use the simpler version and cheaper version of the lasagna sheet: wonton wrappers. Of course it is not the same thing at all. However, it is basically made out of flour and the texture is just like lasagna, minus the thickness and chewiness. Below are the ingredients that you will need:
Wonton Wrappers Lasagna
How to make Wonton Wrappers Lasagna? wonton wrappers lasagna recipe is very simple and yummy.Yum
- 1 pack of wonton wrappers
- 2 medium-sized onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 can of marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon of dehydrated oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dehydrated parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 150 gr ground beef
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt as well as pepper
- First of all, you need to separate the wonton wrappers so that none of is sticking to each other. Then, put them into a pan with boiling water in it. Do this carefully so that you do not tear the wonton wrappers. When the wonton wrappers are softer, take them out of the boiling water and then layer them onto a tray. Set them aside.
- Now, we are going to make the béchamel sauce. Heat a non-stick pan and then put the butter on it. Wait until the butter is completely melted. Then, add the flour and stir quickly. Pour the milk and stir quickly again so that there is no lump. Season with salt in addition to pepper. You can add a little bit of cheddar cheese if you like. After the sauce is thicken and glossy, turn off the heat. Transfer to a bowl and then set it aside.
- Now, we are going to make the meat sauce. Heat a non-skillet pan and then drizzle olive oil on it. Then, add the chopped onions and stir it well. When the onions are softer, add the minced garlic. Stir until the garlic is completely mixed with the onions. Then, add the ground beef and stir until the ground beef is brown and cooked a little bit. Then, pour the marinara sauce. Stir it well until everything on the pan is well combined. Season the meat sauce with dehydrated oregano, dehydrated parsley, bay leaf, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until the meat sauce thickens. After it is all cooked, turn off the heat and it is time to assemble the lasagna.
- Prepare a lasagna pan and spray the pan with non-stick spray. Then, start layering the first layer of wonton wrappers. After the base of the pan is covered by wonton wrappers, add the meat sauce until approximately ¼ of the pan height. Then, add two tablespoons of the béchamel sauce. Spread evenly to cover the meat sauce. Then, add the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layering process until the lasagna pan is full. On the top of the last layer, sprinkle a lot of mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap the lasagna pan with kitchen foil and put the lasagna pan into a preheated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the kitchen foil and put it back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply