Tomato-Gin Soup with Goat Cheese Recipe
A perfect, end-of-summer soup for the chillier days of Fall, when tomatoes are still beautifully ripe. The goat cheese is a creamy addition at the end. How to make Tomato-Gin Soup with Goat Cheese ? It will warm you up in the winter ,Tomato-Gin Soup With Goat Cheese recipe is delicious.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 serves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry gin
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 oz tomato sauce
- 14 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, the liquid reserved and the tomatoes roughly chopped
- 8 oz (about 2 handfuls) fresh spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh chevre goat cheese, to taste
Heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook til lightened and fragrant, about 1-3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with gin, scraping the bottom to get any browned bits off.
Add the stock and water and bring to a simmer. Add all of the tomato products and bring back to a simmer. Let simmer until the liquid has reduced by at least a third and the soup has reached a desired consistency. Then stir in the spinach and let it wilt completely.
Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve hot with rounds of goat cheese on top.
- This soup freezes fantastically for up to three months.