Black Bean Soup Recipe Easy and Delicious
how to make Black Bean Soup Recipe Easy and Delicious ?
Servings 5 serves
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 3 ozs of bacon or pancetta, (pancetta is Italian bacon) chopped finely
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped but not too fine, they burn easily
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup stewed tomatoes (Mexican style)
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cans of chicken broth (14.5 oz cans)
- chopped cilantro and sour cream
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and pancetta and saute for about 5 minutes. When onion is translucent, add the garlic and saute another minute to release the flavor of the garlic, but don't burn it or it will give off a bitter flavor.
Add the remainder of the spices and saute quickly. Then add the chicken broth and stir.
Meanwhile, place 1 cup of the drained black beans and the stewed tomatoes in a blender and blend until smooth but still thick.
Add pureed beans and the rest of the canned beans to the pot. Simmer on a low heat uncovered for 20 minutes.
Serve with a spoonful of sour cream in the center and sprinkle with some chopped cilantro or green onions.
For an extra flavor bonus, top this soup with some mexican cheese or even Parmesan cheese is tasty.