Easy and Delicious Ham and Bean Soup Recipe
how to make Ham and Bean Soup Recipe ? Raw and bean soup recipe for below we gave the materials. and we told him how to do it. Enjoy your meal.
- 1 ham steak, cut in cubes (or any ham leftovers you may have on hand)
- 1 tbl canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbl chopped fresh parsley
- 2 14.5 oz cans of large butter beans, drained
- 1/4 cup stewed tomatoes with juice, squeezed through a sieve
- 3 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
Cut ham steak in bite size cubes and fry in frying pan for about 10 minutes, until it is nicely browned. Meat gives off a better flavor to soups when it has been is browned.
Remove ham from the pan and set aside. Add oil to frying pan and saute onions, carrots and parsley for about 5 minutes.
To a 3 qt pot, add the ham, butter beans, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth and bay leaf. Bring soup to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Test for seasonings. Add salt if desired. Serve.
Often I will sprinkle chopped chives or finely chopped green onions over the soup. It adds a little bit of a bite to it.