Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe
How To make Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe?
Servings 6 serves
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, in one piece (Ask your butcher to run the steak through the tenderizer machine one time. Flank steak can be a little tough if the piece is too thick. You want it to be chewy but not tough.)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbl finely chopped fresh parsley salt and pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach, uncooked (optional)
- butchers string, cut into 3 eight inch pieces(if I do not have the string, I will sometimes use small metal skewers that I usually use to close the cavity of a stuffed turkey)
- 2 tbls olive oil
Place the flank steak on a flat surface. If you have one, hit the flank steak a few times with a meat tenderizer mallot. Spread the cheese over the top of the steak to the ends. Spread the eggs and spinach evenly over the meat. Salt and pepper.
Roll the flank steak up and secure with the string or skewers. Place oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place braciole in pan and fry on all sides until nicely browned.
Place the braciole into spaghetti sauce to cook for an hour or so. When it is done, serve sliced about 1/2 inch thick with sauce ladled over, and topped with parmesan cheese.