FRIED POTATO RECIPES
How to make FRIED POTATO RECIPES ?
Servings 4 serves
- 10 small red potatoes or new potatoes, skins left on, rinsed well and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings then cut in half
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thinly in rings like an onion, then cut the rings in half (Be careful when slicing the bell pepper this way)
- 2 tbls canola or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Place the potatoes in a microwave safe glass bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and poke 4 of 5 holes in the top. Microwave on high for 6 or 7 minutes. When you remove the bowl from the microwave, be sure to use oven mitts. The bowl will of course be hot, but the steam that will come off the food when you remove the plastic wrap can scald unprotected hands.
Some of the potatoes may be stuck together. Not to worry, you can break them up while they are frying in the skillet.
Just before you remove the potatoes from the microwave, heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Place the onions, bell pepper and potatoes in the skillet. Add salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high heat for 4 minutes.
When onions and bell peppers begin to sizzle, turn heat to a medium high. Cover once again and cook for another 10 to 12 minutes, stirring often so that potatoes brown well but do not burn. When potatoes are starting to get crispy and onions are turning a dark brown, they are done. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and stir to mix and melt the cheese. Serve along side some baked chicken and green beans.