Zucchini Casserole Recipe
How to make Zucchini Casserole Recipe ?
Servings 4 serves
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 10 oz can of condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 1/2 seasoned bread stuffing mix
- 2 tbls melted butter
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Slice zucchini into bite size pieces. Boil zucchini in a small amount of water until they are tender but still crisp, about 3 or 4 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.
Combine milk, soup and egg. Add zucchini, onion and stuffing mix. Blend together well. Place in a casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Meanwhile, to prepare the cheese topping, Combine the bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle mixture over the casserole. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Makes a hardy side dish or a nice one dish lunch.