Lima Bean Soup Recipe
How to make Lima Bean Soup Recipe ?
Servings 6 serves
- 1 can baby lima beans, drained
- 1 ham steak, cut in bite size pieces
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cabbage or 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 carrot, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 tbls stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
Sort through beans, rinse well and drain.
Cook ham in skillet until slightly browned.
Place all ingredients in the crock pot and stir. If you are using the spinach, do not add at this time. Cover and cook on low for approximately 10 hours or until beans are tender. When beans are tender, add washed spinach and cook anther minute or two.
Serve topped with some thinly grated jack cheese and some homemade croutons. (recipe for croutons is under "Healthy Soups" on this site)