Dragon Shrimp Recipe
How to make Dragon Shrimp Recipe ? Dragon shrimp recipe is very yummy and simple.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound of medium size shrimp, shell and head on
- 1/3 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 cloves of garlic whole or cut in half
- 1 slice of ginger, about 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Rinse and drain the shrimp. Place shrimp in a large bowl and add cooking wine. Mix until well incorporated and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Combine ketchup, soy, sambal and salt in a small bowl. Set sauce aside for later use. Take the shrimp out of the refrigerator, rinse with water and dry.
Heat peanut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and add granulated sugar, garlic and ginger. Stir the sugar and oil mixture until the sugar is melted and incorporated into the oil. Add shrimp and reserved sauce to the skillet and cook until the shrimp is pink and the sauce has thickened. Eat with with rice.