Hurricane-Proof Chili Recipe
How to make Hurricane-Proof Chili? This recipe is very tasty you must try. Because it keeps your stomach full and it's really delicious.
Servings 2 serves
- 2 pounds beef, ground round
- 1.5 pounds ground turkey
- 5-6 fresh tomatoes, diced (in the wintertime I go for greenhouse vine tomatoes)
- 2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups red kidney beans, soaked overnight in water or out of a can
- 1 12oz bottle beer (I prefer something dark, like Negro Modelo)
- 3-4 chili peppers, minced (seeds or seedless- go with your heat preference)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- hot sauce
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the bottom of a large pot until shimmering. Add the onions and cook until they have just started to turn soft. Add the tomatoes and chili peppers and cook until the tomatoes have broken down and the mixture is very sauce-like, about fifteen minutes.
While the onions and tomatoes are cooking, heat a large saucepan over medium heat and brown the beef and turkey until no pink remains. Add the meat to the tomatoes and onions and deglaze the pan with a little bit of beer, scraping the bits up off the bottom of the pan. Add the rest of the beer to the meat, onion and tomato mixture and cook off the alcohol.
Add the crushed tomatoes and kidney beans and combine. Cook on low heat for half an hour, then add the seasonings. Cook for one half hour more, until spicy and fragrant. Add hot sauce to taste and serve with diced avocado, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.