Pumpkin Turkey Chili Recipe
Pumpkin Turkey Chili showcases the versatility of the pumpkin. It's not just for pie or sweet bread! Give this slow cooker stew a try for dinner tonight.
Servings 6 serves
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 15 1/2 ounce cans mixed beans (black, pinto, and kidney), drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
In a large saucepan or with the stovetop setting on a slow cooker, cook ground turkey, sweet pepper, onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until meat is brown and vegetables are just tender.
Transfer to a slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients and stir well.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Serve topped with sour cream or Greek yogurt, if desired.