Slow Cooker Meatball Soup
Beef meatballs, pasta, and vegetables steal the show in this easy and comforting slow cooker soup. Your family ask for this easy dinner again and again!"
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs (about 2/3 of 1 slice)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 14-ounce can beef broth
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes (or fresh, chopped)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced leek or onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 cup tiny star pasta
- 1 cup green beans
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan or Romano cheese, garlic salt, and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture tightly (so they don’t break apart while stewing) into 36 balls.
Add the remaining ingredients to a slow cooker, reserving the green beans and pasta. Add the meatballs. Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Just before serving, and with the cooker on WARM, add the green beans and pasta. Let sit for about 5 minutes with the lid on. Serve with Parmesan cheese.