These delicious crockpot chicken wings are the premier finger food whenever I have any type of getogether. The serving dish is always empty at the end of the evening. However, they can easily be served as a meal.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN WINGS
- 3 tbl canola oil
- 3 lbs chicken wings, tips removed (You can buy them with the tips already remove. They are called party wings.)
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbls tomato paste
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Brown chicken wings on both side, about 2 minutes per side. You will probably have to brown them in two batches. Place wings on paper towel to drain.
- Place browned wings in bottom of crockpot. Combine honey, soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of oil, ginger and garlic. Whisk in the tomato paste. Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken wings. Cover crockpot and cook on either low or high depending on your preference. Wings can be served as a hearty appetizer sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds. Or, they can be arranged over a dish of rice topped with chopped green onions for a light and tasteful dinner.