Table of Contents
how to bake Zebra Cakes ? you can prepare a very nice zebra cake recipe by following the instructions below.Yum
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 cups cake flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup (150ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350◦F). Grease and lightly flour cake tin or line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugar until creamy and light in colour. Add milk and oil, and continue beating until well blended. Add vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and then beat until the batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are mixed.
- Divide mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep one portion plain and add cocoa powder to the other and mix well.
Assembling the cake:
- Scoop 3 heaped tablespoons of plain batter into the middle of the greased baking pan. Then using a separate tablespoon, scoop 3 tablespoons of cocoa batter and pour it in the center on top of the plain batter. Continue alternating the batters until you finish. Do not spread the batter or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture. It will spread by itself and fill the pan gradually.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.